Only ONE day left until I am 1 year closer to THIRTY!! It was hurting my brain to think of 26 things that were my “favourite” that I enlisted the help of my dear friend Ana! She was a lifesaver 🙂
1. Pink & purple used to be my favourite colours. Now turquoise, silver and (still) purple are my favourites.
2. Naps!! & mornings where I don’t need to set my alarm and letting my body sleep until it wakes up
4. Making someone laugh OR laughing until I am crying or gasping for air
5. The feeling of my stomach flipping when I am upside down on a rollercoaster
6. Meal: Sweet and Sour Ribs (parent’s recipe) rice and corn
>>pasta with alfredo sauce as a close second
>>>o’henry bars as my favourite chocolate!
7. Roadtrips! My latest one to Tofino with Ana, Socks and Emzie was AMAZING and it made me realize I need to LIVE more
8. Receiving snail mail! Absolutely love it
9. Getting massages. As well, I rarely get my haircut but when I do -my favourite part is when they are washing your hair!
10. When I feel like a workout dvd Bob Harper and Jillian Michaels get results! They really know how to make a girl sweat!
11. Christmas used to be my favourite day, Birthdays have always made me feel awkward and anxious and Thanksgiving (my favourite day) makes me feel happy and loved
12. The smell of fresh/homemade food, babies and gasoline.
I also love burning incense and candles
13. Monkeys used to be my favourite animal but elephants (especially the babies) make my heart melt. And for many years I have tried to wear something “elephant” every day as my own token of good luck.
14. I used to be embarrassed to tell people Celine Dion was my favourite musician
15. Indoor rock climbing, skiing, tubing are sports of choice. My favourite one to watch is beach volleyball
16. I have a few drink choices: chocolate milk, pina coladas, egg nog, tequila or vodka cranberry
18. Garage sales! Love bargains and antiques….and I am tight with my money so they make me realllly happy!
19. Being with friends (especially in sweats or pj gatherings)
20. Scattegories and boggle. I can not get ENOUGH of word games!
22. Steeped tea double double (splenda and soymilk!)
23. Watching at TV show with somebody else OR texting them. I love sharing in the giggling and screaming during an episode! It is amazing how much more entertaining an episode is when shared with a friend. (Halfway across the world Ana & I still try to do it for Greys and Private Practice xox)
24. Collaging! When I do it I like to use a huge assortment of photographs, magazines, quotes and stickers (Ana worded it beautifully for me, “bringing artistic elements to everything”.) I believe I have a creative eye and am so often inspired to be crafty.
25. Watching dancing competition shows. Derek Hough and Julianne Hough are my favourite dancers/choreographers. I have always wanted to learn how to dance and am in such awe how people learn to move to the music.
26. Freshly cleaned teeth…a bit of an odd choice but I really like leaving the dentist’s office after they have cleaned and flossed my teeth
I know these lists are starting to get really repetitive. I will try to come up with more original answers for tomorrow. It is highly unlikely I will be blogging daily so I hope you liked the frequent updates this week! have some vacation time booked in December and January so there will be more day trips in the future! Hopefully they will allow for more “travel related” posts and pictures.
I feel exhausted tonight. Thank you so much for reading these. Feel free to send blog ideas my way!