1. Bell/MacWilliam biweekly (and New Year’s Eve) family gatherings
2. My Daddy’s bear hugs
3. Grampie’s incredible stories about his life
4. Watching TV with my big brothers (tv, bean bag chair, grey couches, two grey cubed tables and my 2 best friends)
5. Stephan/MacWilliam annual camping trips at the Pinery. Our campfire stories were the best!!
6. NEPAL!!! Waking up to a house full of friends, Chandra’s cooking, Gocool’s spirit, Gopi’s enthusiasm and the feeling of excitement and awe.
7. I miss the Lincoln Place cull-d-sac (Browns, Guertins, McWatters, Andrews, Goldie (the dog) and I can’t leave out the Feronies..sp?)
8. Mrs. Stein, Mrs. McNaughton & Mrs. Trent my favourite Central Park teachers! Fond fond memories forever (and of course all my Central Park friends!)
9. Dad’s Honda Prelude. Will never forget the beloved gold sports car
10. Family trips to Canada’s Wonderland. Funnel cakes were always a bonus.
11. The Brown family: sleepovers with Amy, playing with Teddie and pretending that Colin, Lucas and Emmalee were my siblings. I felt so grown up calling Teena and Kevin by their first names!
12. I miss 314 – 1010 McKenzie Ave. Location location location! I WILL ALWAYS miss BIG BROWN lazy-boy couch and watching TV in my pajamas under my mountain of blankets. I had so much fun in that apartment. AMAZING roommate memories and hundreds of sleepovers.
13. I miss the (Toronto) house around Christmas time: All the decorations, the teddy bears on the stairs, the lights up all around the outside of the house, the Christmas tree with all the family ornaments, smell of fresh baked goods, snow on the ground. During those years I was too young to feel all the anxiety and stress that comes along with the season)
14. My childhood metabolism (I still remember when my dad was concerned that I wasn’t gaining weight. OHHH those were the days!!)
15. I miss being a student. I always loved school. I was one of those students who worked HARD for good grades. Yet at the same time, I was constantly talking in class and passing notes. I just loved getting good grades and being surrounded by friends. I miss the learning, the late night cramming and the research papers and essays!
16. I miss the days when I received weekly allowance. Do I put it in my RBC Leo Lion savings account or spend it on something silly? Oh those were the days before bills!
17. I miss my school commutes. I used to walk a short distance to and from school with the brothers every day. Well it was more them walking with their big strides and me walking fast or jogging to keep up with them.
18. I miss camera film. Gone is the anticipation of opening up your envelope of freshly developed prints. The excitement of seeing what pictures turned out and what moments were captured. I loved deciding on which prints were worthy of going in my photo albums and which ones I would craft with or give away. AND there was the stress of should I pay extra to get the roll duplicated or just wait until after they are developed?
19. I miss my youthful skin; pre-scar tissue and stretch marks. I have had at least 6 piercings that have all closed up due to LOTS of scar tissue. I also have millions of stretch marks everywhere that are WHITE and my skin is brown. I miss my “baby” skin.
20. I miss my rock.
21. Saturday morning cartoons: Saved By The Bell, Hang Time, Recess, Doug, Batman, Sweet Valley High, Captain Planet, My Little Pony, Breaker High…
22. I miss Michael Jackson and Whitney Houston. Their music will live on forever.
23. I miss watching Tyler play Nintendo in his bedroom. I was in awe at how good he was at videogames. Even when he admitted to knowing trick-codes I was still so proud of his skills. I loved playing in 2-player mode too but thoroughly enjoyed just sitting close and watching.
24. St. Margaret’s residence (go Pearce House) and school will always have a place in my heart. All the housemom’s, classmmates and peers will be remembered as a happy period in my life. I was learning a lot about myself and what I wanted in life.
25. I miss Harley-Marley, Skeena-Weiner & and my Godson Garebear
26. I miss spending time with all my friends around the world :0
Thanks everyone for reading,